Cove is growing and we would love your help!
We are excited. We found the prefect person for this role. I look forward to introducing her to you once she officially starts in January
Impact Planner Opportunity – We help companies respond to the most pressing social and environmental problems of our time. We also offer a top salary, participation in revenue sharing, and a work environment dedicated to maximizing personal and team potential. Would you like to join us?
Our Mission is: To build the best plans, deliver the best products, cause the least amount of harm possible, and use business to inspire and implement practices that cultivates human potential for good.
We are a mature but growing continuity advisory agency based in North Vancouver. We began selling insurance products 30 years ago, working to secure the continuity of income and assets in the event of death or disability. We are the first compensation transparent insurance agents in Canada and only sell products we believe provide the best possible outcomes for our clients. We develop personal and family continuity plans and we do it well.
In September 2017 we launched our Impact Planning division to help companies respond to the most pressing social and environmental problems of our time. Our Unifying Purpose process unlocks big, hairy, audacious goals for our client companies that align purpose and profit. Continuity is at the core of our approach and we think long term, we help our clients peer in to the future. They understand their true value, develop initiatives to create social and environmental impact, and build better businesses.
We are a certified B Corp and a 1% for the Planet company. In 2018 we were awarded Best For The World: Workers by B Lab and Business of the Year from the North Vancouver Chamber. Our team is committed to being an industry leader in the new socially responsible economy through industry leadership and transparency. We’re also committed to caring for each other, our partners and our clients. And we are growing.
Who we need?
We’re looking for an Impact Planner to join our team. You’re a systems thinker that’s passionate about using your career as a force for good. Complex challenges light you up and you consider yourself a great researcher. You have a creative mindset that allows you to see opportunities to create social and environmental good. Developing processes comes naturally, you love data and recognize patterns easily. You have exceptional attention to detail and you write everything down. You are curious and creative.
Maybe this sounds like someone you know? If it does, please send it their way.
Cove is committed to building a skilled and diverse team of professional employees; as such we are an equal opportunity employer. Women, trans & queer folks, indigenous people, people of colour, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Why Should You Apply?
- You want to be part of a dynamic, change making firm that believes valuing people and the environment is not only good for the world but drives exceptional profits
- You want to be part of a collaborating team and participate in the financial success of the company
- You want to work in a position that matches your unique abilities with growth in responsibilities and opportunities for advancement
The Position: We’re looking for a Jr. or Senior Impact Planner. The pay range we’re offering is $45,000 to $60,000 based on experience and training.
- We offer participation in revenue sharing in addition to salary.
- We provide benefits through our Private Health Services Plan, 6 paid sick days per year and generous holidays (including one-week paid vacation over Christmas).
- Training and professional development is encouraged, provided and rewarded
- Advancement and growth in remuneration is assured for the right candidate
- Participation in ongoing social and environmental initiatives
- 20 paid volunteer hours a year
- Weekly yoga classes
- Weekly group meditation. Personal meditation time during working hours is strongly encouraged
- Work in an environment dedicated to maximizing personal and team potential.
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Data Base management, Word, adobe
- Passion for Impact
Good to have skills and experience:
- Impact reporting frameworks; GRI, BCorp/BIA, etc
- Sustainability experience
- Key roles
- Managing client data collection
- Project coordination
- Program coordination
- planner as support to senior planners and advisors
- Secondary roles
- Project coordination
- Smart Office CRM Database management and maintenance
- Communications management
- More – A full list of roles and responsibilities will be provided during the interview process
The Location: Cove Continuity Advisors Inc. is based in North Vancouver BC. This is one of the most beautiful places to live in BC because, of the beautiful surroundings, proximity to downtown Vancouver, ease of access from the North Shore. We are located on a transit route and are close to a major transit exchange. There is shopping and restaurants nearby.
We look forward to hearing from you.