We’re Hiring: Life Insurance Underwriter Plus…
We offer a top salary, participation in revenue sharing and a work environment dedicated to maximizing personal and team potential.
We are a mature but growing life insurance brokerage agency based in North Vancouver. We are a certified B Corp dedicated to using our business as a force for good to solve the global social and environmental crisis. We have been awarded Best For The World for Workers in 2017 and 2018 by the nonprofit B Lab.
Cove is committed to building a skilled and diverse team of professional employees; as such we are an equal opportunity employer. Women, trans & queer folks, indigenous people, people of colour, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
The Company: Cove continuity Advisors Inc. is a member of 1% For The Planet and is committed to being an industry leader in the new socially responsible economy through industry leadership and transparency.
- Our team of 8 people are committed and caring to each other, our partners and our clients.
- Our Mission is: To build the best plans, deliver the best products, cause the least amount of harm possible, and use business to inspire and implement practices that cultivate human potential for good.
The Position: We’re looking for a Jr. or Senior Policy Underwriter. The pay range we’re offering is $45,000 to $60,000 based on experience and training.
- We offer participation in revenue sharing in addition to salary.
- We provide benefits through our Private Health Services Plan, 6 paid sick days per year and generous holidays (including one-week paid vacation over Christmas).
- Training and professional development is encouraged, provided and rewarded
- Advancement and growth in remuneration is assured for the right candidate
- Participation in ongoing social and environmental initiatives
- Work in an environment dedicated to maximizing personal and team potential through mindfulness practices.
- Life insurance underwriting experience
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Data Base management, Word
- Good understanding of social media and social media tools
- Key roles:
- New insurance business underwriting
- Client service specialist responsibilities
- Smart Office CRM Database management and maintenance
- Secondary roles:
- Office Assistant responsibilities
- Communications management
- planner as support to senior planners and advisors
- More- A full list of roles and responsibilities will be provided during the interview process
The Location: Cove Continuity Advisors Inc. is based in North Vancouver BC. This is one of the most beautiful places to live in BC because, of the beautiful surroundings, proximity to downtown Vancouver, ease of access from the North Shore. We are located on a transit route and are close to a major transit exchange. There are shopping and restaurants nearby.
Why Should You Apply?
- You want to be part of a dynamic, change-making firm that believes valuing people and the environment is not only good for the world but drives exceptional profits
- You want to be part of a collaborating team and participate in the financial success of the company
- You want to work in a position that matches your unique abilities with growth in responsibilities and opportunities for advancement
- You live on the North Shore and want to work without having to cross a bridge
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Christie Geiss at [email protected]