Founder, Continuity Advisor
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (604) 924-9152 ext. 225
According to Kolbe: You are uniquely able to take on future oriented challenges. You lead the way to visionary possibilities and create what others said couldn’t be done. You’ll say “Yes” before you even know the end of the question – then turn it into a productive adventure.
Bernie’s unique ability is planning, exploring options, studying their effectiveness, testing them and sharing the results to inspire others to act. He applies this unique ability in both his personal and professional life, in his travels and when he shops. He loves spending time with people learning about their aspirations and what they care about.
Bernie has been an insurance advisor since 1987 and has continued to develop a unique approach to the insurance world as well as the internal operations at Cove. An award winning planner he did his first fee based plan in 1991 introducing Impact Planning in 2017.
Prior to his professional career, Bernie traveled around the world with extended stays in New Zealand, Australia, Thailand, and India studying meditation philosophy, and yoga. Bernie loves spending time with his wife, Christie, and their three kids (when they are around). He enjoys meditation, yoga, trail running, mountain biking, working with his hands or planning something. He loves to plan.
Bernie has the following designations:
- Trust & Estate Practitioner (TEP)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Certified Health Insurance Specialist (CHS)
- Award Winning Financial Planning Advisor – Advisors Edge Magazine
He is active in the following Canadian planning organizations:
- Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (TEP)
- Chartered Life Underwriters Institute (CLU)
- FP Canada (CFP)
- Institute for Advanced Financial Education (CHS)
- Advocis (The Financial Advisors Association of Canada)
- Insurance Council of British Columbia
- Insurance Council of Alberta
- Life Insurance Council of Saskatchewan
- Insurance Council of Ontario
- Autorité Des Marchés Financiers (Quebec)